DIRECTOR OF MUSIC
Lyttleton Street United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Music to join our community of God’s people on a sacred journey together.
Function: Develop and lead a thriving music ministry to provide the members of Lyttleton Street United Methodist Church (LSUMC) with opportunities to grow in faith and use their talents to glorify God.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist clergy and musicians in planning:
- 1. weekly worship for traditional services-selecting hymns, cantors, anthems, and all other music
- 2. weekly music for the LSUMC elevate! contemporary worship service
- Direct, lead, and manage the adult Chancel Choir and Chancel Bell Choirs
- Direct, lead, and manage the LSUMC elevate! contemporary worship musicians and band
- Work closely with the director of Children’s and Youth Ministries to:
- 1. Plan and teach music in the Wonderful Wednesday program and UMYF activities.
- 2. Direct a minimum of two, Children’s and Youth musical ensembles
- 3. Manage directors and assistants to the Children’s and Youth music ensembles
- Actively recruit members for LSUMC band, choirs, and ensembles
- Conduct instrument ensembles and chamber orchestras for occasional annual music events and Holy days; including the selection and management of any hired singers and musicians
- Create and coordinate all advertisement for concerts and other music events at the church
- Maintain, repair or schedule all necessary upkeep for all LSUMC musical instruments
- Attend all meetings as required by the Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
- Attend professional music conferences and continuing education opportunities
- A BA in Music (choral conducting, music education, or church music)
- 6 years of part-time or 5 yearsfull-time experienceworking with church music
- Working knowledge and ability to play both Piano and Organ preferred.
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Accountability: Director of Music is accountable to the Senior Pastor and Staff-Parrish Relations Committee
Church Website: lsumc.net
Please send your resume for consideration to email@example.com.