Legacy giving is an enduring way to honor God and the memory of a loved one. Planning your gift may enable you to give more to the church's ministries or to protect more future value for you and your family. Legacy gifts feed the LSUMC Foundation, unless otherwise directed.
Here are some of the more common types of gifts you might consider:
- Bequest: Make a gift after your lifetime through your will or trust. This can be a fixed dollar amount, a specific asset, or a percentage of your estate.
- Retirement Account: This can be the most heavily taxed asset in many estates. Choosing this as your gift might leave your less tax-burdened assets to your loved ones.
- Real Estate: Contributing property after your lifetime or when it is no longer needed can be a game-changing gift.
- Charitable Trust: Trusts can combine flexible benefits including a generous income, tax benefits, and a powerful gift to the church.
- Other: Many other giving opportunities might prove ideal for your situation.
Legacy giving is an option open anyone wishing to give gifts currently or at some time in the future. For more information, please contact Anita Crowley at the church office.